Northern Suburbs News
Lauren Spierer's family awaiting ID of human skull
INDIANA (WABC) -- The family of Lauren Spierer, the missing college student from Westchester County, is anxiously awaiting the identification of a human skull found in an Indiana River.
Spierer, an Indiana University college student disappeared last year. The skull was found a week ago in a river about 60 miles from the campus where Spierer was last seen.
This weekend, Lauren's father posted a message on a Facebook page dedicated to his daughter.
He wrote in part, "in the days ahead, a family will have answers they have been desperately seeking. Will it be ours? When will you end this nightmare for our family?"
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lauren spierer, missing person, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos