Northern Suburbs News
Woman's body found in water near Connecticut airport
GROTON, Con.. (WABC) -- Connecticut State Police have identified a 36-year-old Ledyard woman whose body was found in water near the Groton-New London Airport.
Authorities say a driver saw the body of Tricia Beattie on Saturday afternoon at Bluff Point in southeastern Connecticut and reported it to state police.
First responders pronounced her dead at the scene and troopers released her identify on Sunday.
An autopsy will be conducted.
Authorities are continuing to investigate.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, body found, northern suburbs news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 56 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 17 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
52 min ago