Northern Suburbs News
Mother accused of murdering son with cerebral palsy
WESTERLO, NY (WABC) -- Tracey Zetsche covered her face as police led her away. Her feet and hands were cuffed.
Zetsche was heading to jail, accused in the death of her 22-year-old son.
Gabriel Philby was brutally murdered. On Tuesday, Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple announced Philby's cause of death. Police say she may have lived with her son's dead body for days.
Apple said Philby endured a skull fracture and brain injury due to blunt force trauma.
According to investigators, Philby who had cerebral palsy was also stabbed in the heart.
The crime scene was the Upstate New York apartment he shared with his mother.
Philby's death rocked the Long Island community of Commack - he is a 2009 graduate of Commack High School, and on Facebook, his friends have started an online memorial. Messages that said "rest in peace" and "I'll miss you" filled the page.
Police say Philby's mother, Tracey, has not been cooperating with the investigation. However, a search of the apartment has uncovered evidence in the murder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news, jeff pegues
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 34 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
34 min ago