Northern Suburbs News
Subway worker accused of putting camera in bathroom
DARIEN -- Police say a 21-year-old man has been arrested after installing a spy camera in the unisex bathroom of the sandwich shop where he works.
Police received complaints Wednesday about a camera found in a Subway restaurant bathroom and traced it to an employee, Marco Dias of Bridgeport. They say camera footage shows three people who unknowingly are captured on video, as well as Dias.
Dias was charged Thursday with three counts of voyeurism and held on $25,000 bail. Police later learned he is an illegal immigrant and federal immigration officials were contacted. Dias is now being held indefinitely.
Darien police say they found a spy camera and related computer equipment when they searched Dias' home Thursday evening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, darien, peeping tom, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run 48 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 57 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 10 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
39 min ago