Northern Suburbs News
Man killed in motorcycle crash in Stamford
STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 25-year-old Stamford man has been killed after his motorcycle struck a car leaving a local business.
Police have identified the victim of Saturday's fatal accident as Eric Rios-Martinez.
They say his motorcycle struck the front end of a Volvo being driven on Canal Street around 3:20 p.m. by 62-year-old Peter Muhlrad of Old Greenwich.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/MHF5tK ) that Rios-Martinez, who was wearing a helmet when the collision occurred, died at Stamford Hospital just after 4 p.m. Muhlrad did not seek medical attention.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
stamford, accident, northern suburbs news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos