Northern Suburbs News
Man killed in motorcycle crash in Stamford
STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 25-year-old Stamford man has been killed after his motorcycle struck a car leaving a local business.
Police have identified the victim of Saturday's fatal accident as Eric Rios-Martinez.
They say his motorcycle struck the front end of a Volvo being driven on Canal Street around 3:20 p.m. by 62-year-old Peter Muhlrad of Old Greenwich.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/MHF5tK ) that Rios-Martinez, who was wearing a helmet when the collision occurred, died at Stamford Hospital just after 4 p.m. Muhlrad did not seek medical attention.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
stamford, accident, northern suburbs news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 5 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation 9 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare 41 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 38 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
5 min ago