Northern Suburbs News
Jealous wife allegedly assaults suspected mistress
RYE BROOK (WABC) -- Police say the 40-year old Giavona Osorio was so convinced her husband was having an affair, she left her apartment in Tuckahoe and drove to Rye Brook in the middle of the night.
Osorio's husband is a contractor who had done work in the victim's house. Police say the suspect tried to break in through a kitchen window.
The alleged mistress is a divorcee who was asleep, with her young son in the bed with her. Police say Osorio pounced, launching into a vicious assault in front of the 4-year old boy.
Osorio is also charged with sexually abusing the victim, accusing her of engaging in similar contact with her husband.
Police say the victim was also punched, kicked and bitten on the nose.
The victim called 911 as the suspect fled. While police were on scene they say Osorio came back to the house. She was arrested and, police say, has confessed.
Osorio is being held in Westchester County Jail.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye brook, assault, sexual assault, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide