Northern Suburbs News
Cop in Pace football player shooting to give deposition
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- The New York police officer who fatally shot a Pace University student in 2010 will give his deposition in the civil case Tuesday.
Attorneys for the parents of Danroy "D.J." Henry, from Easton, Massachusetts, will question Officer Aaron Hess.
The Pleasantville officer shot Henry through the windshield of Henry's car Oct. 17, 2010. Henry was driving away from a disturbance that spilled out of a bar in Thornwood in Westchester County after the Pace University homecoming game.
Hess has said through a lawyer he was hit by the car, thrown onto the hood and had no choice but to fire to stop the driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
danroy henry jr., police shooting, northern suburbs news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 52 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 13 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 21 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies 7 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 23 min ago