Northern Suburbs News
Cop in Pace football player shooting to give deposition
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- The New York police officer who fatally shot a Pace University student in 2010 will give his deposition in the civil case Tuesday.
Attorneys for the parents of Danroy "D.J." Henry, from Easton, Massachusetts, will question Officer Aaron Hess.
The Pleasantville officer shot Henry through the windshield of Henry's car Oct. 17, 2010. Henry was driving away from a disturbance that spilled out of a bar in Thornwood in Westchester County after the Pace University homecoming game.
Hess has said through a lawyer he was hit by the car, thrown onto the hood and had no choice but to fire to stop the driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
danroy henry jr., police shooting, northern suburbs news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 55 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 42 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 26 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 14 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 14 min ago