Northern Suburbs News
Teen dead, brother critical after dirt bike crash
STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford police say a 14-year-old boy has been killed and his 16-year-old brother critically injured when their dirt bikes collided on city park land.
Police Sgt. Andrew Gallagher said the boys crashed almost head-on Thursday afternoon about a quarter-mile from the Long Road entrance to the property, popular with dirt bikers.
He said a nearby property owner heard cries for help and called police just before 2 p.m. Gallagher said a volunteer firefighter who lives nearby went to help. The boys were taken to Stamford Hospital, where the 14-year-old was pronounced dead. The 16-year-old was in critical condition Thursday night.
Gallagher said the boys were wearing helmets, riding pads and boots. He said it took time to carry them from the former leaf recycling area that is overgrown with brush and blocked by concrete barriers.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, stamford, accident, northern suburbs news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 54 min ago
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 21 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring 35 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia 49 min ago
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin 51 min ago
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos