Northern Suburbs News
Meriden man killed in house fire
MERIDEN, Ct. -- Meriden fire officials say neighbors rescued a woman from a blaze but were turned back by thick smoke and were unable to save an unidentified man.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/PFttMj ) that Meriden firefighters found the man on the second floor and paramedics treated him at the scene on Saturday evening.
Fire Chief James Trainor says he died at MidState Medical Center in Meriden.
Firefighters did not identify the man or the injured woman.
The fire was reported at about 5:15 p.m.
Neighbors who rescued the woman told firefighters the smoke was already heavy when they went up the stairs.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fire, fire death, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall