Northern Suburbs News
Meriden man killed in house fire
MERIDEN, Ct. -- Meriden fire officials say neighbors rescued a woman from a blaze but were turned back by thick smoke and were unable to save an unidentified man.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/PFttMj ) that Meriden firefighters found the man on the second floor and paramedics treated him at the scene on Saturday evening.
Fire Chief James Trainor says he died at MidState Medical Center in Meriden.
Firefighters did not identify the man or the injured woman.
The fire was reported at about 5:15 p.m.
Neighbors who rescued the woman told firefighters the smoke was already heavy when they went up the stairs.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fire, fire death, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 3 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 15 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage