Northern Suburbs News
Men posing as cops behind violent home invasion
CHESTNUT RIDGE (WABC) -- Police in Rockland County are investigating a violent early-morning home invasion in the Village of Chestnut Ridge.
Mother and daughter returned to their home Wednesday afternoon. Still shaken, the 63-year old victim is also nursing a bruised wrist.
The two women were terrorized overnight by three suspects who burst in through a back door claiming to be good guys. Authorities said the suspects yelled "police, police" as they busted through the door.
The incident on Sutin Place in Chestnut Ridge took place around 1:40 Wednesday morning. The woman and her 33-year-old daughter were restrained with plastic zip ties around their wrists and ankles. The suspects, one with a gun, demanded money.
They took off with an undisclosed amount of cash and jewelry, leaving the two women tied up inside the home. The younger victim managed to break free and call for help.
Police have limited descriptions. The three men - two black, one white - are believed to be in their 20s. They wore dark clothing, hoodies cinched tight around their faces, and gloves. The gunman stands out because of his size: about 6 feet tall weighing 350, possibly 400 pounds.
One of the main questions remains: was the house was picked at random? Police say the older victim works at a jewelry store, but not in a position where she brought home valuables or large amounts of cash.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, ramapo, home invasion, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos