Northern Suburbs News
Investigation after man, 91, killed by train in Mamaroneck
MAMARONECK -- Authorities are trying to determine whether a 91-year-old man fell or jumped onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train in Westchester County.
The Journal-News (http://lohud.us/PGD7xc ) says medical examiners are expected to conduct an autopsy Sunday.
The man was hit by a Metro-North train at the Mamaroneck (muh-MAYR'-uh-nehk) station Saturday morning.
Witness Ryan Rivera tells the newspaper the man leaped onto the tracks and "got pulled right under the front" of the New York City-bound train.
A Metro-North spokesman says investigators are working to find out whether the man was on the tracks intentionally or accidentally.
About 300 to 400 passengers were on the train and had to take another one.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, train accident, train, northern suburbs news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 43 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
43 min ago