Northern Suburbs News
Woman allegedly hates men, assaults man
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman in Westchester County is facing hate crime charges.
Police say she attacked a 75-year-old man just because she didn't like men.
Unprovoked! Gregory Padilla says he didn't do anything to deserve this and that the woman attacked him with a rock this big leaving a giant welt on his back the size of a tennis ball.
"(Oh yeah, there's a big bump there, does it hurt?) Little bit," said Gregory Padilla, assault victim.
The 75-year-old victim says he just minds his business and walks his dogs.
He says when the 33-year-old Latisha Holloman, whom he doesn't know, came after him near the elevator she was screaming she hates men.
"She just said, 'I'm a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian, I hate men!' Never seen her before," Padilla said.
"She threw a rock at his back was yelling how she hates men and how she'd kill a man who even looked at her," said Captain Joseph Schaller, New Rochelle Police.
What do neighbors think about the hate crime charge?
"That's crazy, something happened to her as a child," one person said.
"She's sick, terribly sick woman," another said.
Neither neighbors nor the police can think of a case in which a woman has been charged with a hate crime for allegedly saying she hated men, but it will make a big difference if she's found guilty.
"The hate crime elevates it to a C grade felony that carries 6-15 years," Schaller said.
If convicted Holloman could face twice that time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new rochelle, westchester county, assault, hate crime, northern suburbs news, michelle charlesworth
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 6 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
12 min ago