Northern Suburbs News
Woman allegedly hates men, assaults man
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman in Westchester County is facing hate crime charges.
Police say she attacked a 75-year-old man just because she didn't like men.
Unprovoked! Gregory Padilla says he didn't do anything to deserve this and that the woman attacked him with a rock this big leaving a giant welt on his back the size of a tennis ball.
"(Oh yeah, there's a big bump there, does it hurt?) Little bit," said Gregory Padilla, assault victim.
The 75-year-old victim says he just minds his business and walks his dogs.
He says when the 33-year-old Latisha Holloman, whom he doesn't know, came after him near the elevator she was screaming she hates men.
"She just said, 'I'm a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian, I hate men!' Never seen her before," Padilla said.
"She threw a rock at his back was yelling how she hates men and how she'd kill a man who even looked at her," said Captain Joseph Schaller, New Rochelle Police.
What do neighbors think about the hate crime charge?
"That's crazy, something happened to her as a child," one person said.
"She's sick, terribly sick woman," another said.
Neither neighbors nor the police can think of a case in which a woman has been charged with a hate crime for allegedly saying she hated men, but it will make a big difference if she's found guilty.
"The hate crime elevates it to a C grade felony that carries 6-15 years," Schaller said.
If convicted Holloman could face twice that time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new rochelle, westchester county, assault, hate crime, northern suburbs news, michelle charlesworth
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake 39 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase 42 min ago
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer 23 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos