Northern Suburbs News
4 shot, 1 critically, outside Westchester County bar
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot four people outside a bar in Westchester County early Wednesday.
The victims were hit outside the Gardens Bar and Grill on South 5th Avenue in Mount Vernon just before 2 a.m. following a birthday party.
Three of the victims were taken to a local hospital, while the fourth was rushed to Montefiore Medical Center North in the Bronx in critical condition.
Witnesses said one suspect drove up to the bar, opened fire on the group of people outside and fled. Police believe one of the victims, two men and two women, was the intended target. A 17-year-old female bystander was among those struck. A bullet also went through the front window of the bar, sending patrons ducking and fleeing.
No arrests were immediately made, but the suspect was described as a heavyset man wearing a hoodie.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mount vernon, shooting, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor 51 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers