Northern Suburbs News
1 found dead after Westchester group home fire
MT. KISCO (WABC) -- One person was found dead after firefighters extinguished a fire at a group home in Westchester County.
Firefighters responded to a multi-story group home in Mount Kisco just after 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The fire was contained to one of the apartments and quickly put out.
A worker in the home was taken to a local hospital.
Little about the victim was known immediately after the blaze. Authorities could not say for certain whether the person was male or female. Whether the victim was a resident in the home was also unclear.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 52 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 50 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013