Northern Suburbs News
Human remains found in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Westchester County District Attorney says remains found in a wooded area off the Sprain Brook Parkway are human.
Police in Yonkers got a 911 call around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday about a suspicious garbage bag at the intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Illinois Avenue.
Retired NYPD sergeant John Doyle said he called police after a woman walking her dog told him she'd seen the bag near his property.
The remains were turned over to the Westchester County medical examiner's office. An autopsy would be conducted to try to determine the sex of the person and how they died.
Investigators are also trying to determine when and how the remains ended up where they did.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, crime, northern suburbs news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 20 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 20 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
46 min ago