Northern Suburbs News
Human remains found in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Westchester County District Attorney says remains found in a wooded area off the Sprain Brook Parkway are human.
Police in Yonkers got a 911 call around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday about a suspicious garbage bag at the intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Illinois Avenue.
Retired NYPD sergeant John Doyle said he called police after a woman walking her dog told him she'd seen the bag near his property.
The remains were turned over to the Westchester County medical examiner's office. An autopsy would be conducted to try to determine the sex of the person and how they died.
Investigators are also trying to determine when and how the remains ended up where they did.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, crime, northern suburbs news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 56 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures