Northern Suburbs News
Human remains found in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Westchester County District Attorney says remains found in a wooded area off the Sprain Brook Parkway are human.
Police in Yonkers got a 911 call around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday about a suspicious garbage bag at the intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Illinois Avenue.
Retired NYPD sergeant John Doyle said he called police after a woman walking her dog told him she'd seen the bag near his property.
The remains were turned over to the Westchester County medical examiner's office. An autopsy would be conducted to try to determine the sex of the person and how they died.
Investigators are also trying to determine when and how the remains ended up where they did.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, crime, northern suburbs news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 46 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 34 min ago
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn 41 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting 51 min ago
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- Former South African President Nelson...
45 min ago
- Local dignitaries react to the passing of...
33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
24 min ago
- New Yorkers share thoughts on Nelson...
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos