Northern Suburbs News
Human remains found in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Westchester County District Attorney says remains found in a wooded area off the Sprain Brook Parkway are human.
Police in Yonkers got a 911 call around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday about a suspicious garbage bag at the intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Illinois Avenue.
Retired NYPD sergeant John Doyle said he called police after a woman walking her dog told him she'd seen the bag near his property.
The remains were turned over to the Westchester County medical examiner's office. An autopsy would be conducted to try to determine the sex of the person and how they died.
Investigators are also trying to determine when and how the remains ended up where they did.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, crime, northern suburbs news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days 19 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 59 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2 51 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers