Northern Suburbs News
Human remains found in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Westchester County District Attorney says remains found in a wooded area off the Sprain Brook Parkway are human.
Police in Yonkers got a 911 call around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday about a suspicious garbage bag at the intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Illinois Avenue.
Retired NYPD sergeant John Doyle said he called police after a woman walking her dog told him she'd seen the bag near his property.
The remains were turned over to the Westchester County medical examiner's office. An autopsy would be conducted to try to determine the sex of the person and how they died.
Investigators are also trying to determine when and how the remains ended up where they did.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, crime, northern suburbs news
- 4 arrested in deadly mall carjacking 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos