Northern Suburbs News
Boys found guilty of gang rape in Ramapo
RAMAPO (WABC) -- They hid their faces walking into court. There would be tears streaming down them a short time later.
Four boys, ages 12 and 13 years old, were found guilty of gang raping two girls over the course of two days in June at a Chestnut Ridge house. The verdict in Rockland County Family Court did not come as much of a surprise even to defense attorneys.
Incriminating statements were made by the boys to police shortly after their arrest: that they forced their way into the girls' home on two separate occasions through a window and using a spare key; that the victims, ages 12 and 14, tried to hide from the boys; that they forced themselves on the girls by holding them down; and that the victims repeatedly told them to stop.
The judge relied heavily on those statements in reaching her decision.
A prosecutor called the sexual abuse "violent" and "horrific."
The boys have been under house arrest and will remain so until sentencing. The judge told them that they are facing the consequences of their actions.
"I don't say, nor do I think that you are bad kids, or that you're going to grow up to be bad adults. But you made some really, really bad choices," the judge said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rape, ramapo, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 59 min ago
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos