Northern Suburbs News
Teen rescued after 30-foot fall down ventilation shaft
STONY POINT (WABC) -- A 16-year-old boy in Rockland County was rescued after falling 30 feet down a ventilation shaft.
The incident happened Wednesday night in Stony Point.
Firefighters had to cut into the ventilation shaft's duct work to pull the teen to safety.
Officials said the boy suffered a compound fracture to his lower leg or ankle.
He is being treated at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, northern suburbs news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 20 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 33 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 30 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 8 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos