Northern Suburbs News
Police chase ends with fatal crash in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- One person was killed after a police chase in Yonkers Saturday morning ended in a head-collision between a car and a police cruiser.
The victim, 28-year old Brandon Turner, was trying to flee from police in downtown Yonkers.
Family members say he was at a cousin's wedding Friday night and had been drinking.
They say he also had a suspended license, which may be why he took off when police tried to conduct a traffic stop.
The chase occurred on South Broadway, near City Hall and across from police headquarters.
The cruiser was coming from the opposite direction and hit the car head-on.
The force of the crash sent Turner's car onto the sidewalk, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two Yonkers police officers suffered serious injuries and were taken to Jacobi Hospital.
Both are expected to survive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, police chase, police officer injured, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos