Northern Suburbs News
Yale University's Christian-only frat under scrutiny
CONNECTICUT (WABC) -- A fraternity at Yale University is under pressure to change its membership rules.
According to their national office, Beta Upsilon Chi only allows Christians to be members.
Yale University says that violates anti-discrimination policies on campus.
The school does have a Jewish frat, but they allow anyone to apply.
In order for the fraternity to receive funding from the school, they'd have to meet the non-discrimination guidelines.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos