Northern Suburbs News
Personal trainer charged with attempted rape
WHITE PLAINS -- A self-employed personal trainer has been charged with trying to solicit sex from an undercover officer posing as a 13-year-old girl.
Edward Lee III of White Plains was arraigned Wednesday on charges of attempted rape and attempted patronizing a prostitute.
The Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore said Lee allegedly had several email conversations with the alleged victim's stepfather, also an undercover investigator. He allegedly discussed various sex acts he would engage in with the girl in exchange for money.
The DA said the conversations occurred between Sept. 16 and Wednesday.
Lee is being held in lieu of $5,000 cash or bail bond.
Information about his attorney wasn't immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, rape, northern suburbs news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 14 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25