Northern Suburbs News
Personal trainer charged with attempted rape
WHITE PLAINS -- A self-employed personal trainer has been charged with trying to solicit sex from an undercover officer posing as a 13-year-old girl.
Edward Lee III of White Plains was arraigned Wednesday on charges of attempted rape and attempted patronizing a prostitute.
The Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore said Lee allegedly had several email conversations with the alleged victim's stepfather, also an undercover investigator. He allegedly discussed various sex acts he would engage in with the girl in exchange for money.
The DA said the conversations occurred between Sept. 16 and Wednesday.
Lee is being held in lieu of $5,000 cash or bail bond.
Information about his attorney wasn't immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, rape, northern suburbs news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos