Northern Suburbs News
Personal trainer charged with attempted rape
WHITE PLAINS -- A self-employed personal trainer has been charged with trying to solicit sex from an undercover officer posing as a 13-year-old girl.
Edward Lee III of White Plains was arraigned Wednesday on charges of attempted rape and attempted patronizing a prostitute.
The Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore said Lee allegedly had several email conversations with the alleged victim's stepfather, also an undercover investigator. He allegedly discussed various sex acts he would engage in with the girl in exchange for money.
The DA said the conversations occurred between Sept. 16 and Wednesday.
Lee is being held in lieu of $5,000 cash or bail bond.
Information about his attorney wasn't immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, rape, northern suburbs news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged 45 min ago
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 14 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 24 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing 38 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Third grader hit and killed by truck,...
45 min ago