Northern Suburbs News
Orange County kennel worker mauled in dog attack
WALLKILL, N.Y. -- A dog handler at a kennel in Orange County was hospitalized and in danger of losing an arm after she was attacked by a mixed bull mastiff.
Police say the 13-month-old dog mauled the woman Friday while she was giving it some exercise at The Pet Camp kennel in Wallkill.
Wallkill police tell Newsday (http://bit.ly/P1Wv9S ) that the woman was badly bitten on her head and arms and needed surgery.
Police Lt. Antonino Spano says authorities were seeking an order to have the dog killed.
Camp owner Chuck Elmes tells the paper the worker's injuries were not life-threatening.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
orange county, wallkill, dog attack, dog, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97