Northern Suburbs News
Mom charged in son's death makes court appearance
MAMARONECK, New York -- A judge has issued orders of protection against a suburban New York woman accused of killing her 4-year-old son.
A prosecutor said Thursday that the boy's father and his wife had received threatening letters.
She did not specify who made the threats.
However, defendant Manuela Maria Morgado is now prohibited from calling, texting or using any other method to contact the couple.
The judge said she'll rule later on the jail's request for a mental health evaluation.
Morgado is charged with second-degree murder.
She was arrested Monday after police found her with the body of her son, Jason Reish, in their condo.
No cause of death has been established but police are considering the possibility he was suffocated.
The boy was the subject of a custody dispute.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
child death, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos