Northern Suburbs News
Mom charged in son's death makes court appearance
MAMARONECK, New York -- A judge has issued orders of protection against a suburban New York woman accused of killing her 4-year-old son.
A prosecutor said Thursday that the boy's father and his wife had received threatening letters.
She did not specify who made the threats.
However, defendant Manuela Maria Morgado is now prohibited from calling, texting or using any other method to contact the couple.
The judge said she'll rule later on the jail's request for a mental health evaluation.
Morgado is charged with second-degree murder.
She was arrested Monday after police found her with the body of her son, Jason Reish, in their condo.
No cause of death has been established but police are considering the possibility he was suffocated.
The boy was the subject of a custody dispute.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
child death, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 1 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 37 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 47 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos