Northern Suburbs News
Fire destroys nursing home maintenance building
BRIARCLIFF MANOR (WABC) -- Fierce flames destroyed a maintenance building at a nursing home in Westchester County late Thursday.
The fire tore through the two-story building on the grounds of the Brandywine Nursing Home in Briarcliff Manor around 8 p.m.
There was no one inside at the time, and no injuries were reported. Residents of the nursing home were not disturbed since the maintenance building is located across the street.
About 75 firefighters spent almost two hour battling the flames before the fire was brought under control.
Authorities are investigating what caused the fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 40 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 5 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 19 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos