Northern Suburbs News
Fire destroys nursing home maintenance building
BRIARCLIFF MANOR (WABC) -- Fierce flames destroyed a maintenance building at a nursing home in Westchester County late Thursday.
The fire tore through the two-story building on the grounds of the Brandywine Nursing Home in Briarcliff Manor around 8 p.m.
There was no one inside at the time, and no injuries were reported. Residents of the nursing home were not disturbed since the maintenance building is located across the street.
About 75 firefighters spent almost two hour battling the flames before the fire was brought under control.
Authorities are investigating what caused the fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos