Northern Suburbs News
Fire destroys nursing home maintenance building
BRIARCLIFF MANOR (WABC) -- Fierce flames destroyed a maintenance building at a nursing home in Westchester County late Thursday.
The fire tore through the two-story building on the grounds of the Brandywine Nursing Home in Briarcliff Manor around 8 p.m.
There was no one inside at the time, and no injuries were reported. Residents of the nursing home were not disturbed since the maintenance building is located across the street.
About 75 firefighters spent almost two hour battling the flames before the fire was brought under control.
Authorities are investigating what caused the fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 3 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
51 min ago