Northern Suburbs News
Fire destroys nursing home maintenance building
BRIARCLIFF MANOR (WABC) -- Fierce flames destroyed a maintenance building at a nursing home in Westchester County late Thursday.
The fire tore through the two-story building on the grounds of the Brandywine Nursing Home in Briarcliff Manor around 8 p.m.
There was no one inside at the time, and no injuries were reported. Residents of the nursing home were not disturbed since the maintenance building is located across the street.
About 75 firefighters spent almost two hour battling the flames before the fire was brought under control.
Authorities are investigating what caused the fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos