Northern Suburbs News
Fire destroys nursing home maintenance building
BRIARCLIFF MANOR (WABC) -- Fierce flames destroyed a maintenance building at a nursing home in Westchester County late Thursday.
The fire tore through the two-story building on the grounds of the Brandywine Nursing Home in Briarcliff Manor around 8 p.m.
There was no one inside at the time, and no injuries were reported. Residents of the nursing home were not disturbed since the maintenance building is located across the street.
About 75 firefighters spent almost two hour battling the flames before the fire was brought under control.
Authorities are investigating what caused the fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 39 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
39 min ago