Northern Suburbs News
Helicopter crashes into Yorktown field
YORKTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A helicopter was forced to make a crash landing in a field in Yorktown Friday evening.
There were no injuries either to the pilot or his passenger, the identities of who were not immediately available.
It happened at about 6:15 p.m.
The vintage N443FD, an S55B, landed in a field at a working farm, then rolled over on its side.
No one on the ground was hurt.
The Yorktown Police said the chopper was enroute from Newton, New Jersey to Bridgeport, Connecticut when the pilot said the onboard power failed.
Both the pilot and his passenger walked away from the accident and refused medical attention at the scene.
The homeowners refused to comment.
The FAA was on the scene. The cause of the accident was thought to be due to a malfuctioning fuel pump.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
helicopter crash, yorktown, northern suburbs news, n.j. burkett
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 8 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 40 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 44 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 44 min ago