Northern Suburbs News
Helicopter crashes into Yorktown field
YORKTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A helicopter was forced to make a crash landing in a field in Yorktown Friday evening.
There were no injuries either to the pilot or his passenger, the identities of who were not immediately available.
It happened at about 6:15 p.m.
The vintage N443FD, an S55B, landed in a field at a working farm, then rolled over on its side.
No one on the ground was hurt.
The Yorktown Police said the chopper was enroute from Newton, New Jersey to Bridgeport, Connecticut when the pilot said the onboard power failed.
Both the pilot and his passenger walked away from the accident and refused medical attention at the scene.
The homeowners refused to comment.
The FAA was on the scene. The cause of the accident was thought to be due to a malfuctioning fuel pump.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
helicopter crash, yorktown, northern suburbs news, n.j. burkett
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday 49 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid 34 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos