Northern Suburbs News
Helicopter crashes into Yorktown field
YORKTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A helicopter was forced to make a crash landing in a field in Yorktown Friday evening.
There were no injuries either to the pilot or his passenger, the identities of who were not immediately available.
It happened at about 6:15 p.m.
The vintage N443FD, an S55B, landed in a field at a working farm, then rolled over on its side.
No one on the ground was hurt.
The Yorktown Police said the chopper was enroute from Newton, New Jersey to Bridgeport, Connecticut when the pilot said the onboard power failed.
Both the pilot and his passenger walked away from the accident and refused medical attention at the scene.
The homeowners refused to comment.
The FAA was on the scene. The cause of the accident was thought to be due to a malfuctioning fuel pump.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
helicopter crash, yorktown, northern suburbs news, n.j. burkett
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 22 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos