Northern Suburbs News
Nurse's aide arrested in elderly patient assault
BRIDGEPORT (WABC) -- A nurse's aide is under arrest in Connecticut after she allegedly fractured the face and finger of an 84-year-old patient.
Police say Tina Blake, of Bridgeport, admitted that she hit the man after she became angry because he needed to be cleaned up near the end of her shift.
Blake, who has since been fired, initially told authorities the man has been combative and had bumped his head. But police say she then admitted to the attack.
The assault was reported by the victim's son.
Blake is charged with cruelty to persons, assault and reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, bridgeport, assault, northern suburbs news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83