Northern Suburbs News
Nurse's aide arrested in elderly patient assault
BRIDGEPORT (WABC) -- A nurse's aide is under arrest in Connecticut after she allegedly fractured the face and finger of an 84-year-old patient.
Police say Tina Blake, of Bridgeport, admitted that she hit the man after she became angry because he needed to be cleaned up near the end of her shift.
Blake, who has since been fired, initially told authorities the man has been combative and had bumped his head. But police say she then admitted to the attack.
The assault was reported by the victim's son.
Blake is charged with cruelty to persons, assault and reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, bridgeport, assault, northern suburbs news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park