Northern Suburbs News
Nurse's aide arrested in elderly patient assault
BRIDGEPORT (WABC) -- A nurse's aide is under arrest in Connecticut after she allegedly fractured the face and finger of an 84-year-old patient.
Police say Tina Blake, of Bridgeport, admitted that she hit the man after she became angry because he needed to be cleaned up near the end of her shift.
Blake, who has since been fired, initially told authorities the man has been combative and had bumped his head. But police say she then admitted to the attack.
The assault was reported by the victim's son.
Blake is charged with cruelty to persons, assault and reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, bridgeport, assault, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos