Northern Suburbs News
Nurse's aide arrested in elderly patient assault
BRIDGEPORT (WABC) -- A nurse's aide is under arrest in Connecticut after she allegedly fractured the face and finger of an 84-year-old patient.
Police say Tina Blake, of Bridgeport, admitted that she hit the man after she became angry because he needed to be cleaned up near the end of her shift.
Blake, who has since been fired, initially told authorities the man has been combative and had bumped his head. But police say she then admitted to the attack.
The assault was reported by the victim's son.
Blake is charged with cruelty to persons, assault and reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, bridgeport, assault, northern suburbs news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers