Northern Suburbs News
Woman arrested for removing Obama-Hitler sign
HEBRON, Conn. -- An 80-year-old Connecticut woman has been charged with larceny and breach of peace after tearing down political signs that included an image of President Barack Obama with an Adolf Hitler-style mustache.
Nancy Lack tells WVIT-TV she was offended by the picture and took down three posters that were being hung last Thursday near the post office on Main Street in Hebron, Conn.
Workers for frequent presidential candidate Lyndon LaRouche, who were putting up the signs, called police.
Lack says she knew she would get in trouble. But she says she lived through World War II and was angry that someone would portray the president as a Nazi.
She was released on a promise to appear in court next week.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 6 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 47 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 3 min ago
- Jet stowaway spent hours undetected before flight 42 min ago
- NYC among 15 cities being considered for 2016 DNC 23 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos