Northern Suburbs News
Woman arrested for removing Obama-Hitler sign
HEBRON, Conn. -- An 80-year-old Connecticut woman has been charged with larceny and breach of peace after tearing down political signs that included an image of President Barack Obama with an Adolf Hitler-style mustache.
Nancy Lack tells WVIT-TV she was offended by the picture and took down three posters that were being hung last Thursday near the post office on Main Street in Hebron, Conn.
Workers for frequent presidential candidate Lyndon LaRouche, who were putting up the signs, called police.
Lack says she knew she would get in trouble. But she says she lived through World War II and was angry that someone would portray the president as a Nazi.
She was released on a promise to appear in court next week.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 20 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 2 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
58 min ago