Northern Suburbs News
Bridgeport man held in murder in youth's shooting
BRIDGEPORT -- A Bridgeport man has been arrested on murder charges on his way to court to face charges in a separate shooting.
Laheen Jones is accused of fatally shooting 14-year-old Justin Thompson in January. Police say it was his second attempt to shoot the youngster after firing and missing a few days earlier.
The Connecticut Post reports that police say a youngster who also was shot said he and Thompson spent time with a rival gang. Thompson's father denies his son was a gang member.
The 18-year-old Jones is being held in lieu of $1 million bond. It was not known Wednesday morning if he's represented by a lawyer.
Jones also is charged with first-degree assault and first-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, connecticut, murder, northern suburbs news
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid 57 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: More Humid
57 min ago
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey...
58 min ago