Northern Suburbs News
Bridgeport man held in murder in youth's shooting
BRIDGEPORT -- A Bridgeport man has been arrested on murder charges on his way to court to face charges in a separate shooting.
Laheen Jones is accused of fatally shooting 14-year-old Justin Thompson in January. Police say it was his second attempt to shoot the youngster after firing and missing a few days earlier.
The Connecticut Post reports that police say a youngster who also was shot said he and Thompson spent time with a rival gang. Thompson's father denies his son was a gang member.
The 18-year-old Jones is being held in lieu of $1 million bond. It was not known Wednesday morning if he's represented by a lawyer.
Jones also is charged with first-degree assault and first-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, connecticut, murder, northern suburbs news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 14 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
9 min ago