Northern Suburbs News
Pair charged in burglaries after Sandy
RYE (WABC) -- Two Connecticut men have been arrested on charges that they stole from businesses in New York and Connecticut left without power after Superstorm Sandy.
Police have arrested John F. Trully, 21, of Greenwich and Robert M. Smith, 20, of Fairfield in connection with burglaries in Rye and North Castle, but they are suspected of burglaries in several other communities in Westchester County and Connecticut.
Investigators said the men broke into four businesses in Rye on Tuesday and attempted to break into two others before they were caught.
Smith and Trully were charged with four counts of third-degree burglary and two counts of attempted third-degree burglary.
They allegedly stole cigarettes, cash and equipment among other items. They also caused a lot of damage, like breaking glass, police said.
Both men were being held without bail at Westchester County jail.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, rye, westchester county, arrest, burglary, hurricane sandy, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 31 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 25 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos