Northern Suburbs News
'Stuff a Bus' for Sandy victims
TUCKAHOE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A yellow bus in front of a school is not an unusual sight, but this isn't your typical bus, and this isn't a typical school lesson.
This week students from several schools throughout Westchester are taking part in a "Stuff a Bus" campaign; loading up that bus with books and pajamas.
They are looking for items that will benefit the youngest victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The focus may be different this year, but Genevieve Pitturo has been collecting sleepwear for the last decade.
She began the "Pajama Project" after learning many children living in shelters had nothing to change into at night.
Since then, over two million pairs of pajamas have been collected by volunteers.
The collection will go on through the week, and then the items will be distributed quickly.
The goal is to have children reading the books and sleeping in pajamas by Thanksgiving.
For more information on how you can help please visit: http://pajamaprogram.org/WordPress/superstorm-sandy/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
hurricane sandy, westchester county, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault 36 min ago
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos