Northern Suburbs News
'Stuff a Bus' for Sandy victims
TUCKAHOE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A yellow bus in front of a school is not an unusual sight, but this isn't your typical bus, and this isn't a typical school lesson.
This week students from several schools throughout Westchester are taking part in a "Stuff a Bus" campaign; loading up that bus with books and pajamas.
They are looking for items that will benefit the youngest victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The focus may be different this year, but Genevieve Pitturo has been collecting sleepwear for the last decade.
She began the "Pajama Project" after learning many children living in shelters had nothing to change into at night.
Since then, over two million pairs of pajamas have been collected by volunteers.
The collection will go on through the week, and then the items will be distributed quickly.
The goal is to have children reading the books and sleeping in pajamas by Thanksgiving.
For more information on how you can help please visit: http://pajamaprogram.org/WordPress/superstorm-sandy/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
hurricane sandy, westchester county, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday 47 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid 32 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos