Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut man steals delivery car, makes deliveries
HARTFORD -- Police in Connecticut say a man stole a car used to deliver Chinese food and continued dropping off orders so he could keep the customers' money.
Keith Hinds was charged on Friday with larceny, possession of less than half an ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and other drug charges.
It was not known Monday morning if the 45-year-old Hinds is represented by a lawyer.
West Hartford police received a call from a Chinese food delivery driver reporting that his car had been stolen after he left it idling to run into a school.
The driver also called his boss so customers could be notified that their orders were stolen with the car. Police say one of the orders was delivered after the car was taken.
Hinds was held on $5,000 bond.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
hartford, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks 44 min ago
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane 40 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 12 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos