Northern Suburbs News
Plane makes emergency landing in Rye Brook parking lot
RYE BROOK (WABC) -- A pilot survived some scary moments to make an emergency landing in a Westchester County parking lot.
The single-engine plane crashed early Saturday morning in Rye Brook.
The pilot was heading from Pittsburgh to Westchester County Airport, but called the tower to say he couldn't make it.
He had to land in Reckson Executive Park.
The pilot was taken to White Plains Hospital but was not seriously injured.
The Journal News said that if the pilot had not made it to the parking lot he could have crashed into a nearby subdivision with more than 100 homes.
The FAA is looking into why the plane went down.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye brook, westchester county, plane emergency, northern suburbs news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos