Northern Suburbs News
Plane makes emergency landing in Rye Brook parking lot
RYE BROOK (WABC) -- A pilot survived some scary moments to make an emergency landing in a Westchester County parking lot.
The single-engine plane crashed early Saturday morning in Rye Brook.
The pilot was heading from Pittsburgh to Westchester County Airport, but called the tower to say he couldn't make it.
He had to land in Reckson Executive Park.
The pilot was taken to White Plains Hospital but was not seriously injured.
The Journal News said that if the pilot had not made it to the parking lot he could have crashed into a nearby subdivision with more than 100 homes.
The FAA is looking into why the plane went down.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye brook, westchester county, plane emergency, northern suburbs news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos