Northern Suburbs News
Sketch subject not suspect in Hyde Park murder
HYDE PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- State police investigating the slaying of a 67-year-old woman found dead inside her home on Thanksgiving say a sketch they released is no longer relevant.
Police say the subject of the composite has been located and is no longer of any interest to the investigation.
Tina LaShomb-Perry still can't believe her neighbor is gone.
"It's insane. It's just not fair, not in a place like this. We are all very close," said LaShomb Perry, the victim's neighbor.
Monday, a team of state police scuba divers searched the Staatsburg Reservoir in Dutchess County looking for the knife used in the murder of Laurie Ferguson.
Investigators found the victim's car near the reservoir on Friday, one day after relatives found the 67-year-old dead inside her mobile home in Hyde Park.
"I hope this person is caught, prosecuted to the fullest. There's no way, they have to find this person. They have to," said Rosa Lovejoy, the victim's neighbor.
Investigators spent all weekend looking for the murder weapon. They searched a pond behind the victim's home, storm sewers and streams near the reservoir, even neighborhood wells.
"It's just very saddening. She was a very nice woman. She didn't deserve any of what came to her," said Joe Marcio, the victim's neighbor.
Investigators have a special request for the public.
"Any residences or businesses along Reservoir Road, Route 9G, 9, South Cross Road, if we can ask them to preserve any video and contact state police, that would be beneficial," said Dominick Chiumento, NYSP.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, murder, northern suburbs news, joe torres
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 44 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 43 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 34 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 32 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos