Northern Suburbs News
Fatal car accident in Marlborough
Marlborough, New York (WABC) -- State police say a 48-year-old man is dead after his car collided with another on Route 9W in the Hudson Valley town of Marlboro, 65 miles north of New York City.
Donald Dawson of Marlborough was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash at 7:44 a.m. Sunday.
Troopers say Dawson's car was struck by an oncoming car driven by 26-year-old Eugene Antwi of Brooklyn.
Antwi and three people in his car were taken to a Poughkeepsie hospital with injuries police said weren't life-threatening.
The investigation into the cause of the crash is continuing.
It was the second fatal accident in the town this weekend. Sarah Smith, a 16-year-old Marlboro High School student from Newburgh, died in a one-car accident early Saturday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Newtown 911 calls released 40 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 34 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 8 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen... 46 min ago
- Parents plea for help to save boys from rare disease 3 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
34 min ago
- Bank forecloses on homeowner who is up to...
56 min ago