Northern Suburbs News
Family sues center after restrained teen dies
YONKERS (WABC) -- A parent's quest for justice heads to court.
The mother of a 16-year-old boy who died at a residential treatment center in Yonkers is now suing the facility.
Corey Foster went into cardiac arrest in April while he was physically restrained by several staff members at Leake and Watts.
No one was criminally charged.
A civil suit will be filed tomorrow against the school and two staffers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos