Northern Suburbs News
Family sues center after restrained teen dies
YONKERS (WABC) -- A parent's quest for justice heads to court.
The mother of a 16-year-old boy who died at a residential treatment center in Yonkers is now suing the facility.
Corey Foster went into cardiac arrest in April while he was physically restrained by several staff members at Leake and Watts.
No one was criminally charged.
A civil suit will be filed tomorrow against the school and two staffers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours 8 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 28 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 32 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 31 min ago
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 30 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
30 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
8 min ago