Northern Suburbs News
Arrest made in Hyde Park stabbing murder
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- Authorities say an upstate New York man has been arrested in Florida for killing a 67-year-old woman whose body was found in her Hudson Valley home on Thanksgiving Day.
State police say that Justin Curran was arrested Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla., with the help of local police and U.S. Marshals.
Lt. James Murphy says Wednesday he'll be returned to New York after being charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Laurie Ferguson.
Police say Curran lived in the same mobile home park in Hyde Park where Ferguson's body was found on Nov. 22. Authorities say she had been stabbed to death. Her car was found the next day at the nearby Staatsburg Reservoir.
Police haven't released a motive. Information on whether Curran has a lawyer wasn't initially available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, murder, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97