Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut man allegedly poisoned boss' oatmeal
WATERBURY, Conn. -- A former Waterbury parks department worker has been charged with poisoning his boss' oatmeal after an argument over the employee's job performance.
William Lampron is accused of lacing the oatmeal with SpeedyDry, a chemical substance that resembles cat litter and can be used for soaking up spills on roadways.
The Republican-American of Waterbury (http://bit.ly/Ugs8IB) reports that Lampron's 50-year-old supervisor ate the oatmeal last month and developed severe stomach problems, but later recovered. Police say one of the ingredients in the substance was a carcinogen, crystalline silica.
Lampron, 43, of Naugatuck, was charged Wednesday with felony assault and reckless endangerment. He posted $5,000 bail and is due in Waterbury Superior next Wednesday. He was placed on administrative leave after the incident and resigned Monday.
There's no phone listing for Lampron and it was not clear whether he has a lawyer.
Lampron's supervisor told police that after becoming ill, he discovered the chemical substance mixed into a container of oatmeal he kept in his office. He told police he had been having difficulties with one of his workers.
Lampron had worked for the city for nearly 25 years. Police said that when he was confronted, he admitted putting the substance in the oatmeal. Authorities were still trying to determine how much of the substance was put in the oatmeal and ingested by the supervisor.
SpeedyDry can be used to soak up oil, antifreeze and other liquids that spill onto roads such as after car accidents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, arrest, northern suburbs news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 48 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos