Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut man allegedly poisoned boss' oatmeal
WATERBURY, Conn. -- A former Waterbury parks department worker has been charged with poisoning his boss' oatmeal after an argument over the employee's job performance.
William Lampron is accused of lacing the oatmeal with SpeedyDry, a chemical substance that resembles cat litter and can be used for soaking up spills on roadways.
The Republican-American of Waterbury (http://bit.ly/Ugs8IB) reports that Lampron's 50-year-old supervisor ate the oatmeal last month and developed severe stomach problems, but later recovered. Police say one of the ingredients in the substance was a carcinogen, crystalline silica.
Lampron, 43, of Naugatuck, was charged Wednesday with felony assault and reckless endangerment. He posted $5,000 bail and is due in Waterbury Superior next Wednesday. He was placed on administrative leave after the incident and resigned Monday.
There's no phone listing for Lampron and it was not clear whether he has a lawyer.
Lampron's supervisor told police that after becoming ill, he discovered the chemical substance mixed into a container of oatmeal he kept in his office. He told police he had been having difficulties with one of his workers.
Lampron had worked for the city for nearly 25 years. Police said that when he was confronted, he admitted putting the substance in the oatmeal. Authorities were still trying to determine how much of the substance was put in the oatmeal and ingested by the supervisor.
SpeedyDry can be used to soak up oil, antifreeze and other liquids that spill onto roads such as after car accidents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, arrest, northern suburbs news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 28 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 31 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining 56 min ago
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 51 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
33 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
16 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos