Northern Suburbs News
Bridgeport labeled 4th dirtiest city by Forbes
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut (WABC) -- It is a dubious distinction to be sure Connecticut's largest city has been picked as one of the nation's dirtiest.
Forbes Magazine ranked Bridgeport as the fourth dirtiest city in the United States. The number of blighted buildings was cited as a key factor. The survey also considered the amount of toxins in the ground and poor air quality.
No comment from city hall, but there has been an effort to clean the city up and reduce blight.
Many structures in neighborhoods with older houses have been repainted or have fresh siding.
In case you're wondering, Fresno was voted the dirtiest city. In fact six of the ten worst are in "Sunny California." As for New York City, it's ranked as the 11th dirtiest city.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 36 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 30 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos