Northern Suburbs News
Bridgeport labeled 4th dirtiest city by Forbes
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut (WABC) -- It is a dubious distinction to be sure Connecticut's largest city has been picked as one of the nation's dirtiest.
Forbes Magazine ranked Bridgeport as the fourth dirtiest city in the United States. The number of blighted buildings was cited as a key factor. The survey also considered the amount of toxins in the ground and poor air quality.
No comment from city hall, but there has been an effort to clean the city up and reduce blight.
Many structures in neighborhoods with older houses have been repainted or have fresh siding.
In case you're wondering, Fresno was voted the dirtiest city. In fact six of the ten worst are in "Sunny California." As for New York City, it's ranked as the 11th dirtiest city.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 3 min ago
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers