Northern Suburbs News
Bridgeport labeled 4th dirtiest city by Forbes
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut (WABC) -- It is a dubious distinction to be sure Connecticut's largest city has been picked as one of the nation's dirtiest.
Forbes Magazine ranked Bridgeport as the fourth dirtiest city in the United States. The number of blighted buildings was cited as a key factor. The survey also considered the amount of toxins in the ground and poor air quality.
No comment from city hall, but there has been an effort to clean the city up and reduce blight.
Many structures in neighborhoods with older houses have been repainted or have fresh siding.
In case you're wondering, Fresno was voted the dirtiest city. In fact six of the ten worst are in "Sunny California." As for New York City, it's ranked as the 11th dirtiest city.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 16 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 16 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 50 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos