Northern Suburbs News
Florida woman gets life in prison in family killings
WHITE PLAINS -- A woman from Florida has been sentenced to life in prison in the killings of her millionaire husband and mother-in-law.
Narcy Novack of Fort Lauderdale was not in the White Plains, N.Y., courtroom to hear the sentence on Monday. She waived her right to appear, just as she did when the verdict was delivered in June.
Her brother and co-defendant, Cristobal Veliz of Brooklyn, was also sentenced to life in prison in federal court in White Plains.
They were convicted of hiring hit men to carry out the 2009 beating deaths of Ben Novack Jr. in New York and Bernice Novack in Florida. Ben Novack was the son of the man who built the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, murder, northern suburbs news
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
21 min ago