Northern Suburbs News
Federal agents raid gun shop in East Windsor
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Federal authorities have raided an East Windsor gun shop where a man allegedly tried to steal an assault rifle following the mass shooting at a Newtown elementary school.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, assisted by the East Windsor Police, raided Riverview Gun Sales on Thursday. The reason for the raid was unclear and officials told the Hartford Courant it was not prompted by one incident.
David LaGuercia, owner of the shop, issued a statement on Wednesday confirming he sold one gun to Nancy Lanza, the mother of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, several years ago and he was "appalled" it may have been used to kill children. LaGuercia said he's cooperating with authorities.
WFSB-TV obtained video of a man taking an assault rifle from the store on Saturday. He was later arrested.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos