Northern Suburbs News
Federal agents raid gun shop in East Windsor
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Federal authorities have raided an East Windsor gun shop where a man allegedly tried to steal an assault rifle following the mass shooting at a Newtown elementary school.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, assisted by the East Windsor Police, raided Riverview Gun Sales on Thursday. The reason for the raid was unclear and officials told the Hartford Courant it was not prompted by one incident.
David LaGuercia, owner of the shop, issued a statement on Wednesday confirming he sold one gun to Nancy Lanza, the mother of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, several years ago and he was "appalled" it may have been used to kill children. LaGuercia said he's cooperating with authorities.
WFSB-TV obtained video of a man taking an assault rifle from the store on Saturday. He was later arrested.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos