Northern Suburbs News
Federal agents raid gun shop in East Windsor
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Federal authorities have raided an East Windsor gun shop where a man allegedly tried to steal an assault rifle following the mass shooting at a Newtown elementary school.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, assisted by the East Windsor Police, raided Riverview Gun Sales on Thursday. The reason for the raid was unclear and officials told the Hartford Courant it was not prompted by one incident.
David LaGuercia, owner of the shop, issued a statement on Wednesday confirming he sold one gun to Nancy Lanza, the mother of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, several years ago and he was "appalled" it may have been used to kill children. LaGuercia said he's cooperating with authorities.
WFSB-TV obtained video of a man taking an assault rifle from the store on Saturday. He was later arrested.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses 15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case 14 min ago
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire 1 min ago
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos