Northern Suburbs News
Sources say gun shop connected to 2 mass shootings
HARTFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned of a connection between the gun used in Newtown and a gun used in another deadly mass shooting.
We were able to confirm that the gun shop where Nancy Lanza bought one of her guns is also the same place where the shooter in a 2010 mass killing at a Connecticut workplace also purchased his guns.
A police source confirmed that Omar Thorton, who shot and killed 8 people at a beer distributor near Hartford more than two years ago, bought the three guns he used in the massacre at Riverview Gun Sales in East Windsor.
He then used one of the semi-automatic pistols to kill himself.
Earlier this week, we learned the same gun shop near the Massachusetts border is where the mother of Adam Lanza legally purchased the military-style weapon used by her son last Friday.
The shop owner said he was "appalled" when he heard that the gun in the school attack had come from his shop. Federal investigators went back to the gun store to obtain more records on Thursday.
It's important to note that in both cases, the gun buys were legal.
In 2007, a worker at the gun shop was charged with stealing 33 guns from the business.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news, jim hoffer
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster