Northern Suburbs News
United jet slips off runway in Albany; No injuries
ALBANY, New York -- A spokesman for the Albany County Airport Authority says a regional jet skidded into a snow bank and became stuck, stranding passengers. No injuries were reported.
The United flight was leaving the gate in Albany en route to Chicago Saturday when it slid off the paved road. The 65 passengers and crew were uninjured and were evacuated from the plane, put on a bus and sent back to the airport.
Airport authority spokesman Doug Myers says the accident didn't case any other airport delays. The plane was removed from the snow bank and will be inspected for any problems.
Myers said the airline would determine what happened with the jet. It was snowing lightly at the airport Saturday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall