Northern Suburbs News
Lawyer withdraws $100 million Newtown lawsuit
HARTFORD, Conn. -- A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school tragedy has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
newtown, newtown school shooting, shooting, lawsuit, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 6 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders 23 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
32 min ago