Northern Suburbs News
Lawyer withdraws $100 million Newtown lawsuit
HARTFORD, Conn. -- A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school tragedy has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
newtown, newtown school shooting, shooting, lawsuit, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos