Northern Suburbs News
2 female jail escapees captured in Connecticut
NIANTIC -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who escaped from the York Correctional Institution.
Officials say 30-year-old Melissa Riley, of Willimantic, and 34-year-old Jessica Rivera, of Waterbury, were captured about 8 p.m. Sunday in Hartford. They were returned to York Correctional, where they were charged with escape and held on $500,000 bail each.
Prison officials say they could not locate the pair at the minimum security facility about 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
The facility was placed in lockdown.
Riley was in prison for a drug charge, while Rivera was serving time for conspiracy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 34 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos