Northern Suburbs News
2 female jail escapees captured in Connecticut
NIANTIC -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who escaped from the York Correctional Institution.
Officials say 30-year-old Melissa Riley, of Willimantic, and 34-year-old Jessica Rivera, of Waterbury, were captured about 8 p.m. Sunday in Hartford. They were returned to York Correctional, where they were charged with escape and held on $500,000 bail each.
Prison officials say they could not locate the pair at the minimum security facility about 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
The facility was placed in lockdown.
Riley was in prison for a drug charge, while Rivera was serving time for conspiracy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ